Where do I start with my Online Theory Test Practice?
Choosing the right revision tool can sometimes prove a little tricky. Do I go for a computer based Theory Test package or should I be revising from a book? There is no right or wrong answer, but something to remember is that you will be taking the Official Theory Test on a computer, so using your PC or laptop is the best way to prepare for the real thing.
When beginning your Theory Test practice, it is essential that you revise the official DVSA revision questions, and read the Highway Code, all of which are included in the Driving Test Success Online Theory Test and Hazard Perception training.
Step-by-Step Theory Test Practice
To ensure that you are fully prepared for the day of your test, we strongly advise that you begin with the Theory Test practise sessions, rather than jumping straight into the mock theory tests (but there’s nothing stopping you doing this if you want!).
All our Driving Test Success products will automatically keep track of your progress and will show you the questions or categories you may be struggling on…perfect for ironing out any problems you may have BEFORE you take your test!
Online Theory Test Practice and your weakest questions
One of the great features that you’ll find in the theory test element of Driving Test Success is the ‘Weakest Questions‘. This feature allows you to revise the Theory Test practice questions that you haven’t yet seen or have previously answered incorrectly. We strongly advise you to make good use of this feature to ensure that you’re not constantly revising from the questions you already know, but are instead concentrating on the ones that need more attention.
Theory Test Practice – Hints and Tips
Unless you’re super-human it’s impossible to remember every answer from the entire official DVSA database containing over 1,100 questions. We strongly advise you to make good use of the official DVSA explanations to help you understand the questions and answers. By reading a little background information on each of the questions you’ll be amazed at how quickly your scores start to improve.
Theory Test Practice mock tests
It is essential that you sit plenty of mock exams to ensure that you are achieving a consistent pass rate BEFORE you apply for your Theory Test; otherwise you are simply throwing your test fee down the drain!
Mock Theory Test made easy
All our Driving Test Success software has been carefully developed to allow you to practise an unlimited number of mock Theory Tests, all of which are as close to the real test as you can get.
How to pass a mock Theory Test
When completing a mock Theory Test you’ll be asked a total of 50 questions and have 57 minutes to complete the test in (just like the real test).
Once you begin the mock Theory Test, read the question at least twice to make sure that you have fully understood the question. Some of the questions will require multiple answers so ensure that you have selected the correct number of answers for each question. You’re given 57 minutes so make good use of all the time.
If you are unsure of any of the questions during the mock Theory Test, click on the ‘flag’ button. This will allow you to quickly return back to the question at the end of the test before you submit your answers.
Review your questions at the end of each mock Theory Test
At the end of each mock Theory Test we strongly advise that you review your answers, as this will allow you to see where you went wrong. You will also have the option to read the official DVSA explanations for each of the questions. Again we recommend you make good use of these, as they will help you to learn and understand the background behind each of the questions.
Preparing for your test using the mock Theory Test
In order to better prepare you for the official DVSA exam we would strongly advise you to:
- Study the learning material included in all our Theory Test PC software (including All Tests) such as The Highway Code, the question book, and the guide to each of the official DVSA categories.
- Complete a range of learning sessions from each of the categories
- Complete a range of learning sessions based on a mix of all categories
- Once you are happy that you are scoring 18, 19, 20 out of 20 in the learning mode…
- Complete some mock Theory Test sessions using the set exam papers (if you complete all the pre-set papers then you will have seen all of the questions at least once).
- Once you are scoring a consistent pass with the set exam papers: Try an exam based on hardest questions. If you are able to pass the exam with the hardest questions, then you are almost certainly going to cope easily with the official test.
Good luck with your revision!
Latest posts by Driving Test Success (see all)
- Driving Test Success Partners with This is Driving - July 1, 2015
- Theory Test App wins Telegraph Best Buy Award - July 1, 2015
- Managing Pupils Who Drive or Behave Aggressively - May 18, 2015